Alienware 34-inch Curved Quantum-Dot OLED Gaming Monitor Review: Welcome to Quantum Dot OLED displays, gamers!
Alienware, a gaming division of Dell, recently provided Wccftech a 34-inch Curved Quantum-Dot OLED Gaming Monitor (AW3423DW) for evaluation. The world’s first QD-OLED monitor from Dell’s Alienware gaming brand is the first and most notable aspect of this review. Readers will recall that QD-OLED combines the advantages of OLED technology with those of quantum dot display technology. In comparison to conventional OLED displays, the monitor will provide more precise black levels and a wider range of colors, keeping the images bright.
In this review, we’ll analyze the Alienware 34-inch Curved Quantum-Dot OLED Gaming Monitor’s features and determine if it can withstand extended use for applications like gaming, work, and content production. We’ll also discuss the display’s possible features that will appeal to gamers and users of all stripes, as well as its visual accuracy and quality.
First, let’s discuss the specifications of the Alienware 34-inch Curved Quantum-Dot OLED Gaming Monitor.
- Display Type: Quantum Dot OLED
- Adaptive-Sync Technology: NVIDIA G-Sync Ultimate
- Native Resolution: 3440 x 1440
- Peak refresh rate: DisplayPort- 175 Hz, HDMI- 100 Hz
- Brightness: 250 cd/m2 (typical) ; 1000 cd/m2 (peak)
- Color Gamut: 149% sRGB (CIE 1931), 99.3% DCI-P3
- Vertical Viewing Angle: 178 degrees
- Diagonal Size: 34.18″
- Built-in Devices: USB 3.2 Gen 1 hub
- Pixel Pitch: 0.23 mm
- Contrast Ratio: 1M: 1 (typical)
- Response Time: 0.1ms gray-to-gray
- Screen Coating: Anti-reflective
- Curved Screen: 1800R
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9
- Pixel Per Inch: 110
- Color Support: 1.07 billion colors (1.07B up to 144Hz, 16.7M at 175Hz)
- Horizontal Viewing Angle: 178 degrees
- Features: ComfortView Plus (TÜV Rheinland certified – Low Blue Light Hardware Solution), Ambient Light Sensor, AlienFX Lighting
- Two HDMI 2.0
- One DisplayPort 1.4
- Two SuperSpeed USB 5 Gbps (USB 3.2 Gen1) downstream port [Front bottom, one with BC1.2 charging capability at 2A (max)]
- Two SuperSpeed USB 5 Gbps (USB 3.2 Gen1) downstream port (rear)
- One SuperSpeed USB 5 Gbps (USB 3.2 Gen1) upstream port (rear)
- One Audio line-out port (rear)
- One Headphone-out port (bottom)